Column 1: 5min
First, let’s revisit your next milestones. Take a few minutes in the first column in your workbook to identify 5 big things you need to accomplish in the next 18 months, whether to prepare for your next set of programs, to get to the next stage of your business, or to get ready for your next fundraising season.
Column 2: 5min
In the second column, write down the skills needed for each of these things to happen. Some examples are below.
– Ability to create key partnerships
– Ability to build the product
– Subject matter expertise
– Materials (selection, packaging)
– Sales ability
– Revenues: market understanding for pricing
– Costs: financial management (budget, cost control)
– Process management
– Hiring, training, onboarding
– Design and measure outcomes/quality control
Column 3 to 5: 15min
Assess which skills exist internally and which you need to source from other places.
Assess when you would need these skills.
For these skills, brainstorm some real people or backgrounds experience who could fill them.
Source: The Hitachi Foundation & Broughton Consulting