1. Donors and Funders
Receiving money from donor organisations or funding bodies.
- They are a good source to get funding from if you are looking to launch your organisation or enterprise
- They often like new ideas and projects versus ongoing funding of existing work
- They are able to collaborate locally, nationally and regionally (but, they usually do have specific geographically requirements for their funding so be sure to check their websites before sending them a proposal)
- These relationships take time to cultivate, and the goal is to build relationships to improve the chances of funding support by better understanding the donor’s goals, needs, and ways of doing business
- They tend to support launching and early-stage organisations, but not support you over the long-term.
- It can also be difficult sometimes to receive funding from them if you already have a track record. On the flip side, sometimes they require you to have a track record before funding you, so it’s always best to check out their funding requirements before spending time writing a proposal.